Monday, June 2, 2014

In the beginning....

So, I've completely changed up my blog. I swear, I'm actually going to follow this one through. I always say that though. Normally, I would start this rambling on about who I am, my likes and dislikes, so on & so on...like a bad dating profile. I'm doing this different this time, if you want to know about me my page is linked. Though, I will preface this blog by telling you grammar is not my strong suit. Sometimes I get "comma happy", I don't know if you've noticed, and sometimes I get in the zone and no exclamation point or run-on-sentence in going to stop me.
I have no idea, as of this moment, what this blog is going to be about. I know I'm passionate about human rights (hence the current blog title). Although, my intention is not to turn this into a blog of continuous ramblings and rantings of a young human rights advocate, because there are just so many of those,  it probably will be that some days.
So, here I am, listing to some good old  Bob Crosby and the Bobcats (Way Back Home) and eating my breakfast which consists of a buttered maple french toast bagel and my Frozen Elsa mug (Yup, I'm a grown woman and I have a Frozen mug...I'm awesome)  full of coffee with sugar-free creamer to make up for the butter covered bagel. I can't help but to look down and wonder am I having a good hearty
"conflict-free" breakfast?? I know I'm not and it's quietly irritating me more with ever sip & bite. It's actually overwhelming to think about. I mean....even down to the paper towel I wrapped my bagel in. I think this is why a lot of people give up on researching where their products come from. I just had a bagel and coffee at home and my coffee mug alone could possibly be the product of child labor!! Or, my coffee....not environmentally friendly? Not fair trade? I DON'T KNOW!? Am I a horrible person?? Oh man, I'm working myself up.

Maybe I'll come back to this tomorrow....hahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get involved, Be Pro-active, Let us know!